The Needham Community Council is a private non-profit organization which supports people in Needham who have under-met health, educational or social needs and promotes volunteerism, community and a sense of shared responsibility. The Needham Community Council receives no Federal, State or Local Tax Dollars. We are funded only by the generosity of our Needham neighbors.
Click here for the Council program brochure.
What Do We Do?
We provide short term, emergency assistance of a nonmedical nature and a variety of programs to support all ages within the Council’s capabilities through our:
- ESL [English as a Second Language] Tutoring
- Medical Transportation Program
- Food Pantry
- Thrift Shop
- Medical Equipment Loan Program
- CAP [Child Assault Prevention] Program
- Nursing Home Boutique
- Holiday Outreach
- Needham Community Resource Guide
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Student Volunteers
- Partner Programs
Who Are We?
Who Supports Us?
Local families & businesses support us through:
- Financial donations throughout the year
- Memorial Gifts & Estate Bequests
- Fundraising Events & Matching Grant/Gift Programs
- Donations of gently worn clothing & household goods which are sold in the Council Thrift Shop as a fundraiser
- Donations of food & medical equipment