The Needham Community Council regularly partners with other Needham organizations and agencies to support the Council mission and the Needham community.
• Needham Youth Services Department: Project VAN (Volunteers Around Needham). This program provides youth entering grades 8-12 with the opportunity to participate in one-day community service projects around the Needham community.
Food Drives throughout the year include, but are not limted to:
• Needham Scouts: Scouting for Food
• Needham Postal Workers National Association of Letter Carriers: Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive
• Needham Public School students visit the Council to deliver food donations on a monthly basis
• Needham Clergy Association: food drives at local Houses of Worship
• Needham Park & Recreation Department: summer collection at Rosemary Pool
• Entering Needham: A collaborative effort of: The Needham Community Council, Needham Area Immigration Justice Task Force, Needham Park & Recreation Department, Needham Public Schools & Needham Youth Services
This program provides support for new residents to Needham and especially to families with children in the public schools by connecting them to a welcoming parent familiar with the community. New residents learn effective tools, strategies and resources important to successfully navigate local systems for the benefit of their families. Click here for an online registration form which will be forwarded to a committee who will reach out to the family.
• Needham Steps Up: Needham High School Mentoring Program. A program that gives income-eligible students the chance to become part of a smaller, supportive community within the high school. This program pairs a mentor with a student, for the duration of their high school years, to help them access resources and opportunities, while providing guidance toward achieving goals.
• Temple Beth Shalom/Project Ezra: Christmas Day Dinner Delivery
• Parent Talk: “Flicks on the Field” and other programs
• Rotary Club of Needham: Thanksgiving Day Community Dinner and other programs
• Needham Community Farm: Food Access Program. A program that provides Food Pantry clients with access to organically-grown, healthy and safe produce on a twice-a-week basis during the growing season. This program provides shoppers with fresh food options and the opportunity to select top-quality fruits and vegetables for them and their families.
• Volunteer Opportunities Fair: On a yearly basis, representatives from a variety of local agencies, community organizations and town-wide groups congregate to provide information and offer different opportunities for individuals to get involved and volunteer in the community.
• Circle of Hope: The mission of Circle of Hope is to provide homeless children, women, and men in and around Boston with clothing and necessities in order to preserve and enhance overall health and personal dignity. By continually providing seasonally appropriate clothing and basic toiletries to carefully vetted organizations, Circle of Hope gives the most vulnerable members of our community the opportunity to protect themselves from the dangers of illness and disease that come from being homeless in New England. The Needham Community Council regularly donates clothing from our Thrift Shop to meet the needs of Circle of Hope clients. Click here to visit their website.
• Needham DVAC
[Domestic Violence Action Committee]