If you are financially struggling during these unprecedented times,
please call us, we want to help.
A typical Food Pantry distribution will include fresh fruits and vegetables, fresh meat and dairy, shelf stable products like soup, tuna, pasta, sauces and more, personal care products and paper goods. To keep everyone safe, all distributions are done in a contact-free method using appointment times and/or delivery.
Due to Covid, we will not being requiring income eligibility to join the Food Pantry.
The only requirement is that you are a resident of Needham.
Normal eligibility verification process is below – these are not active during the Covid pandemic.
The Food Pantry program is based on income eligibility and a referral by the Needham Public Health Department, the Needham Housing Authority or the Council on Aging. The Needham Community Council does not determine eligibility. Click here to download the Food Pantry policies.
Please complete the application forms below and then make an appointment with one of the agencies listed below:
1. The Needham Public Health Department (781-455-7940 Ext. 217 Note: you should leave a message and they will call you back
2. The Needham Housing Authority (781-444-3011)
3. A social worker at the Council on Aging at the Center at the Heights if you are 62 or older (781-455-7555).
If you have any questions, contact the Needham Community Council Food Pantry at 781-444-2415 Ext. 1050.
- You must be a resident of Needham and all registered family members must live in the household.
- You must meet income eligibility requirements. In general, if you meet the fuel assistance guidelines you will be eligible to use the Food Pantry. We may make exceptions for unusual circumstances. Call us.
- You must have a written letter of referral from the Needham Housing Authority if you live in Public Housing, the Needham Public Health Department or The Center at the Heights [if you are 62 or older].
Eligibility for the Food Pantry program is determined by the one of the three agencies listed above; based on the income guidelines document in this link: Food Assistance Income Eligibility Guidelines
Live outside of Needham? Call the Project Bread Food Source Hotline @ 1-800-377-1292 or click here for more information on emergency food assistance.
Each family needs to submit both a registration form and an income verification form to the agencies listed above.
If you have any questions or cannot download the required forms, contact the Needham Community Council Food Pantry at 781-444-2415