The Food Pantry program is based on income eligibility and a referral by the Needham Public Health Department, the Needham Housing Authority or the Council on Aging. The Needham Community Council does not determine eligibility. Click here to download the Food Pantry policies.
Please complete the application forms below and then make an appointment with one of the agencies listed below:
1. The Needham Public Health Department (781-455-7940 Ext. 217 Note: you should leave a message and they will call you back
2. The Needham Housing Authority (781-444-3011)
3. A social worker at the Council on Aging at the Center at the Heights if you are 62 or older (781-455-7555).
If you have any questions, contact the Needham Community Council Food Pantry at 781-444-2415 Ext. 1050.
- You must be a resident of Needham and all registered family members must live in the household.
- You must meet income eligibility requirements. In general, if you meet the fuel assistance guidelines you will be eligible to use the Food Pantry. We may make exceptions for unusual circumstances. Call us.
- You must have a written letter of referral from the Needham Housing Authority if you live in Public Housing, the Needham Public Health Department or The Center at the Heights [if you are 62 or older].
Eligibility for the Food Pantry program is determined by the one of the three agencies listed above; based on the income guidelines document in this link: Food Assistance Income Eligibility Guidelines
Live outside of Needham? Call the Project Bread Food Source Hotline @ 1-800-377-1292 or click here for more information on emergency food assistance.
Each family needs to submit both a registration form and an income verification form to the agencies listed above.
Next Steps: What Happens When You Qualify
Upon qualifying, we welcome you to come in once every calendar month for your regular supply of groceries.
- If your last name begins with A-K: You are invited to come in the 1st or 2nd weeks of the month to pick up your groceries.
- If your last name begins with L-Z: You are invited to come in the 3rd or 4th weeks of the month to pick up your groceries.
- You are also welcome to come in on any Saturday, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. once you have been certified.
We encourage you to pick up your groceries after 11 a.m. to avoid the crowd. Come in any Monday or Wednesday for fresh or frozen bread and pastry, depending on availability.
The Needham Community Council closes on all legal holidays and some religious holidays. * Food Pantry clients will receive email updates or can check the homepage on our website. The schedule will be posted in advance. If you have any questions or concerns, call us at 781-444-2415 x1050.
Can’t Make it During our Designated Hours?
You can receive a shopping list through e-mail and place an order for after hours pick- up.
We also offer a grocery delivery service for individuals with disabilities and elderly residents without transportation. You must qualify for this service by contacting Sandra Robinson, 781-444-2415 x1020 and once qualified make arrangements for delivery with the Food Pantry staff.
If you have any questions or cannot download the required forms, contact the Needham Community Council Food Pantry at 781-444-2415 x1050.