English Language Learning (ELL) Tutor Program
DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC THE ELL TUTORING PROGRAM IS WORKING REMOTELY
Rescheduled dates for the 2020 ELL Tutor Training will be posted
as soon as they are available.
We look forward to seeing you then.
The Needham Community Council offers free individual English language tutoring and conversation classes for adults who live or work in Needham. Our program is for beginner to advanced learners who are interested in speaking, understanding, reading and writing English. Individual tutoring sessions and group conversation classes are available.
STEPS TO BECOME AN ESL LEARNER:
- Complete an ELL Learner application online or at 570 Hillside Ave. in Needham.
- Come in for a short ELL assessment meeting which lasts approximately 15 minutes. No appointment is necessary. Assessment times are:
Mondays, 12 noon -4 p.m.
Wednesdays, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Contact us via email at email@example.com to schedule another time.
- After the assessment meeting, you will be assigned a tutor.
- You and your tutor will meet once a week for one hour of tutoring.
- All learners may also participate in conversation classes that match their level of fluency.
HOW TO BECOME AN ESL TUTOR:
- Complete an Online ELL Tutor Application or at 570 Hillside Ave in Needham.
- You will be added to a waitlist for the next available free training session held twice a year in the Spring and Fall.
- ELL teaching resources and quarterly roundtable sessions on ELL tops will be provided.
- A six-month commitment to this program is requested.
If you have any questions or need help, please call The Needham Community Council at 781-444-2415 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org